Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Who is your audience?"

"Who is your audience?" This is the question posed to me some weeks ago when asking advice of the wonderfully talented Deborah Moebes. Deborah is the founder of Whipstich Fabrics and talented author of the whipstitch blog. I have toiled over the answer since then. She gave me so much to think about but I still struggled to come up with an answer. In the mean time my sad little blog just sat. Well, driving home from work one day it came to me! My audience is people like me. So who am I? I am a young person in a corporate job that pays the bills but who’s passion is creating. I enjoy a great meal, shopping and stumbling over cool websites and helpful guides. From now on you are my audience. Yes you, the quirky, the cool, and the creative...all of those that don't benefit as much from the creative mom blogs.


The first find I have for you is http://www.thrillist.com/


This site has everything under the sun. You can find an entire weekend of events in your city or countless others that are featured on the site. I have registered to receive emails about style and food. You can decide how often they email you and how many topics. Everyday I look forward to seeing what they have in store for me. Not only are the articles helpful, they are amusing. 2 thumbs up for Thrillist.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment